CLINIC UPDATE – 1 October 2020
NEW APPOINTMENTS I’m delighted to announce that I am back at The Albany Street Clinic offering appointments on alternate Tuesdays and Thursdays from Tuesday 6th October 2020 and from the home clinic in Balerno from Thursday 1st October 2020.
I will be contacting those I had to cancel as we went into lockdown followed by individuals who have requested an appointment in the intervening months. Should you have an emergency please let me know and I will do everything possible to see you.
I have conducted a thorough risk assessment to ensure adequate levels of safety are implemented and maintained. I am following the most up-to-date Government and Public Health Scotland guidance and put in place stringent, hygiene, sanitation and infection control protocols to protect patients. Despite these precautions, there is a risk of transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and it is important that you understand the risk. I have provided the information below to help you decide if you wish to continue with your appointment and remind you that you are under no obligation to do so.
Precautions that I have put in place:
· All patients contacting us for an appointment must complete a COVID-19 screening and disclaimer no more than 24 hours prior to their appointment
· We enforce a policy that anyone with any COVID-19 symptoms must stay away from the clinic.
· A second assessment is conducted at the Clinic, including a temperature check.
· A strict cleaning, sanitation and infection control protocol is adhered to — Please ask if you would like to see this document.
· The layout of the practice has been adapted to maintain social distancing.
· Clinical Team will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment for your protection.
I am committed to ensuring that every measure is in place to minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19, we cannot guarantee there is no risk to you as a result of attending your appointment. I ask you to do everything possible to minimise the risk to me and any other therapists in the clinic. Please wash or sanitise your hands on arrival and wear a face mask during your treatment as per current regulations. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND THE APPOINTMENT IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL.
The risk of catching COVID-19 from someone with no symptoms at all is very low. However, many people with COVID-19 experience only mild symptoms. This is particularly true at the early stages of the disease. It is therefore possible to catch COVID-19 from someone who has, for example, just a mild cough and does not feel ill. (World Health Organisation)